Monday, (3/31 at 9pm ET) is our monthly telegathering, and we’ll be joined by Debbie Ford, author of the new book, “Why Good People Do Bad Things,” to talk about how to stop being your own worst enemy. Please feel free to send your questions for Debbie ahead of time by hitting reply to this email. To join us on the call, dial (646) 519-5883 and use pin code 2346# promptly at 9pm ET. For more info on Debbie and her great new book, visit here.
The winner of the tickets to the “Celebrate Your Life” conference in Chicago, is Judy Garden from Ohio. Congratulations, Judy — I look forward to seeing you there! You can learn more about the conference, here.
Finally, I’m excited to share with you an interesting project I just completed for PBS to support their new film “Sense & Sensibility” which premiers on March 30th (check local listings). As a big Jane Austen fan, I recorded 2 podcasts about the wisdom this film offers about modern day life. If you love Austen, you’ll love the new Sense & Sensibility and you can listen to my comments here.
Have a great week…
p.s. – Need a little Divine Direction? Use the “Touch of Grace” button on our homepage here: https://www.cherylrichardson.com.
“Let go of the old to make way for the new!”
Topic of the Week – Clean Up Week
As we enter spring here in the Northeast, it seems like a great time for a “Clean Up Week” to motivate you to purge, clean, or organize your space so you can welcome in new beginnings. After all, life can’t bestow anything new and wonderful upon you without the space. So this week, here are four ideas for you to consider:
1. Recycle — Go through old magazines, books, or catalogs and just get rid of them. Bring the magazines to a doctor’s office, hair salon, or health club. Donate books to your local library or church for an upcoming sale. There are plenty of organizations that take used books. For example, we have http://www.gotbooks.com/ here in Mass., and they’ll come pick them up. To find an organization near you, all you need to do is put “book giveaway + your town and state” in google for ideas.
2. Trade Treasures — Years ago my girlfriends and I would gather for a give-away party where we’d bring clothes, jewelry, household items, etc., to trade with one another. Each of us would always find a treasure in someone else’s lot and we made it a fun social gathering to boot! Get together with moms and dads from the neighborhood, coworkers, or use your Life Makeover Group to organize a “Trade Treasures” party.
3. Donate — This is a great time of year to go through clothes or household items with an eye for sharing the wealth with those in need. We all have things that we no longer use that could be life-changing for someone else. Your old suits or dresses could give someone a new outfit for a job interview. Your used washing machine may be a blessing in a family’s life. By the way, we’ve had several community members write to say that when they donate used clothes they put a “Grace Card” in the pocket as a surprise gift for the person who gets it. I love that idea and will be doing it myself this spring (you’ll find the cards here: https://www.cherylrichardson.com/store/ ).
4. Release Old Energy — Go through the files in your office or your contact list and let go of outdated resources, information, or old ideas that didn’t go anywhere. I’ve used this strategy for years to release the old energy tied to plans that fell through, goals that lost steam, or dreams that fizzled out because they needed to. Make the space for new business, great opportunities, or more creative ideas that make sense for who you are now.
A little spring cleaning goes a long way in making space for something great to enter your life. Consider this week’s “Take Action Challenge” and enjoy a renewed sense of spaciousness and mental freedom!
~*~ Take Action Challenge ~*~
If there’s something new you’d like to attract — a new job, romance, friend, more money, or clients — you’ll need to make space. Choose one idea from above and work on it this week. Then, watch what shows up!
In the News
- Have a question for Cheryl? Call in during her live Internet radio show, Coach on Call, on Mondays at 5pm ET (2pm PT, 10pm GMT) at www.hayhouseradio.com. Simply dial (866) 254-1579 if you live in the US, or for international callers dial, 1-760-918-4300 after your country code. Cheryl discusses a variety of topics related to practicing Extreme Self Care and living a high quality life.
- We have a variety of unique life-changing gifts in our webstore at www.myextremeselfcare.com. You can have books personally signed for you or a loved one with a note of encouragement or support, include a hand-written gift card with your order, or find a special item to support your own self-care. There are heart ornaments, books, audio programs, lotions, and our popular Mesmerizing Oggz Egg (you need to see it to understand :). Check them out here: www.myextremeselfcare.com.
- Listen to the free Practice Building Workshop telegathering on audio podium and learn to build your client base in a relaxed and authentic way. Whether you’re a coach, therapist, lawyer, massage therapist, or other service oriented business owner, you can learn about our program and the important steps for practice development by calling (405) 244-4000 – Box 104. For more info on our PBW audio program, click here.
Life Makeover For The Year 2008 (sm) is written and produced by Cheryl Richardson. If you have any questions or comments, please send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org. © Copyright 1999-2008
Cheryl Richardson, P.O. Box 13, Newburyport, MA 01950. All rights reserved.