Our new product, the DVD, “You Can Heal Your Life: The Movie,” is a very special movie that’s guaranteed to lift your spirits and empower you to use that brilliant mind of yours in a more evolutionary way. A new order will arrive early this week and we suggest that you preorder right away to insure that you get a copy. You can watch a trailer and read all about the movie here.
Join me for this week’s “Coach on Call” radio show where I’ll talk about making a new “Treasure Map for 2008.” This is your chance to hear how it’s done! To join me, visit www.hayhouseradio.com on Monday at 5pm ET (2pm PT, 10pm GMT) and click on the “listen now” button.
Happy New Year!
p.s. – Need a little Divine Direction? Use the “Touch of Grace” button on our homepage here: http://www.cherylrichardson.com.
“Miracles happen everyday, change your perception of
what a miracle is and you’ll see them all around you.”
— Jon Bon Jovi
Topic of the Week – Doing What You Love
I’ve spent the week reading the wonderful stories and examples of how people are paying attention to the signs, symbols, and experiences that reawaken their passions. The stories are varied and provide great inspiration for paying attention to what shows up in your life every day!
One reader realized that her passion for watching Elvis Presley movies was a sign that she needed to sing and dance a lot more often. Another could now see that a love of National Geographic Magazines reflected a hunger to be in the beauty of nature on a regular basis. One woman admitted that she feels terrific after cleaning out her car and that she loves creating order and cleanliness (I suggested she open her own auto detailing shop!). Here are a few others:
- A commercial for helping injured dogs sparks a need to do something more concrete to support the care of animals.
- Watching the movie “A Little Romance,” inspires a trip to Paris to fulfill a childhood dream (and who knows where that will lead!).
- A reoccurring dream of running a wellness center challenges one woman to honor her love of teaching healthy eating habits to kids.
- Beautiful earrings found at a craft fair reawakens a love of architecture and a passion for the energy of space.
As I read through these wonderful emails, I find myself thinking, “We are such unique, creative beings who long to express our hidden desires, so what gets in the way?”
Okay, I know that many of us feel like there’s not enough time, we can’t afford to quit our day jobs, or that we’re missing vital training or experience. But, I think it’s something else…
1. Forgetfulness. We get lulled into a comfortably numb place by the busyness of our lives and forget what matters to our soul. Instead, we need to *remember* to keep our eyes and ears open
2. Not enough space. Yes, most of us do lead busy lives, myself included, but ask yourself: “What small thing might you let go of that would create a little space in your life to pursue the desire that tugs at your heart?” I say “small” because too often we imagine having to make a huge life change to accommodate this need. Anything big feels scary — and undoable. So, make it
small. Easy. Doable. Where might you find a little space to breathe life into your passion?
3. Lack of faith. What if I told you that there was a Force greater than any fear you possess that will open doors and windows that lead you to do what your soul longs to do? Well, there is, but you’ll need to take action to ignite this Force and operate on faith until you see the evidence of its presence.
All it takes is one little step to get started. If you love animals, visit a local shelter and volunteer for one hour. If dancing is what makes your heart soar, make a CD (today!) of your favorite ten songs
and find a place to let your body move. If you love the energy of space or the beauty of architecture, buy a magazine this afternoon and read it cover to cover! Just get started…
Finally, while our community is largely made up of women, we have many wonderful men who also follow along. I received the following email from Dan and wanted to share his story with you. It echoed what many of you shared in your emails — a realization that upgrading your wardrobe was important to your soul.
“My name is Dan. I loved your story about the hat that awoken your inner 18-year-old. I thought that your story was very unique for me. It struck a chord. In the two weeks prior to reading your
story, I had gone shopping for new clothing and accessories. I had decided that I was going to make myself happy. I had been wanting a new wardrobe. I bought some shoes and some shirts that I really wanted. On the way home, I stopped at a local Mongolian Barbecue restaurant. I got out of my car and started toward the door and stopped myself. What was I doing?? I returned to my car, got out my favorite new shirt and shoes, and changed them in the car. I went inside and it felt super to look and feel great! The only thing that would have made this experience better would have been to have had a special someone with me. That wasn’t in the cards that day, but I will say, the moment was priceless for me. Alone or not. Thank you again for sharing.”
Bravo to Dan for taking one small step… will you follow his lead this week?
~*~ Take Action Challenge ~*~
One thing. That’s all it takes to keep your passion alive. What one thing will you do this week to make your soul happy?
In the News
- There are still some spaces left in our “Writer’s Workshop” Mexican Riviera cruise. If you are an earnest writer who’s committed to getting your message out into the world you’ll want to check out this important opportunity to learn the ins and outs of getting published. Along with a comprehensive program, you’ll be invited to attend a special event with Reid Tracy, president and publisher of Hay House, who will answer questions about what they look for in a successful author. For more info click here.
- Would you like a little laser coaching from Cheryl? Call in during her live Internet radio show, Coach on Call, on Mondays at 5pm ET (2pm PT, 10pm GMT) at www.hayhouseradio.com. Simply dial (866) 254-1579 if you live in the US, or for international callers dial, 1-760-918-4300 after your country code. Cheryl discusses a variety of topics related to practicing Extreme Self Care and living a high quality life.
- We have a variety of unique life-changing gifts in our webstore at www.myextremeselfcare.com. You can have books personally signed for you or a loved one with a note of encouragement or support, include a hand-written gift card with your order, or find a special item to support your own self-care. There are heart ornaments, books, audio programs, lotions, and our popular Mesmerizing Oggz Egg (you need to see it to understand :). Check them out here: www.myextremeselfcare.com.
- Listen to the free Practice Building Workshop telegathering on audio podium and learn to build your client base in a relaxed and authentic way. Whether you’re a coach, therapist, lawyer, massage therapist, or other service oriented business owner, you can learn about our program and the important steps for practice development by calling (405) 244-4000 – Box 104. For more info on our PBW audio program, click here.
Life Makeover For The Year 2008 (sm) is written and produced by Cheryl Richardson. If you have any questions or comments, please send them to: [email protected]. © Copyright 1999-2008
Cheryl Richardson, P.O. Box 13, Newburyport, MA 01950. All rights reserved.