In an effort to share life-changing resources with members who may not be able to afford it at this time, we’ll be giving away copies of our two movies “You Can Heal Your Life,” and “EFT: Try It on Everything” over the next few months. If you feel as though you qualify, please hit reply and send us your name, shipping address, preferred movie, and a 200-word description telling us why you feel you’re in need of a complimentary copy. Please feel free to submit an email in nomination of someone else as well. All submissions will be kept confidential, and while we’re unable to respond to everyone, we will be in touch with those selected to receive a movie. Thanks in advance for sharing your stories!
This week’s special in our webstore is on our Self Care cards. You can buy two decks for only $19.95 – a savings of almost $12 dollars! You’ll find them here. Also, please note that our Practice Building Program special ends on Monday, July 21st at midnight. This 8-CD, comprehensive program is only $199 — a $50 savings. You can learn more about the program here.
Have a great week…
p.s. – Need a little Divine Direction? Use the “Touch of Grace” button on our homepage here: https://www.cherylrichardson.com.
“Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.”
— Sam Keen
Topic of the Week – The Making of a Great Summer
It’s summer here in my neck of the woods — one of my favorite times of year. I’ve learned from experience to make great memories by preplanning the things I most want to do. This week I invite you to do the same. If you’d like to make a great summer (or other season, depending on where you are in the world), here’s what you could do:
1. Make a list of the people you’d most like to spend time with. Whose company do you miss most? Who have you been meaning to get together with for ages? Who makes you laugh? Who stimulates your thinking or challenges you to step outside of your comfort zone? Who allows you to just relax and have fun?
2. Make a list of fun activities. What have you been wanting to do that you never seem to find time for? What types of activities make you feel excited and a little nervous at the same time? If you could do anything, what would it be? Maybe you’d like to:
- Visit a water park
- Schedule a family cookout (make it pot luck so you can enjoy time with everyone)
- Plan a beach day or outdoor picnic with friends
- Learn to sail, roller blade, or mountain bike
- Spend a day searching for antiques
- Visit a favorite summer spot from your childhood
- Set up a family and/or friends softball game
- Hang out and do absolutely nothing for one whole weekend
If you’re not sure what to do (after all, you may have forgotten how to have fun), ask family members or friends for suggestions.
3. Schedule fun now.
Once you know who you’d like to see and what you’d like to do, don’t wait. Schedule these activities in your calendar right away.
Planning a great summer doesn’t need to be complicated or expensive. Some of my most treasured summer memories occurred as a result of simply hanging out with family and friends at the beach. When you schedule enough time with loved ones to move below the superficial catch-up conversations, you make room for deeper, more nourishing ones. Remember, the most cherished memories always involve the special people in our lives. Create a few great ones this summer!
~*~ Take Action Challenge ~*~
Don’t just think about the kind of summer you’d most like to have, do something about it this week. Complete the assignment above, make a few phone calls, and start scheduling your best time yet!
In the News
- Have a question for Cheryl? Call in during her live Internet radio show, Coach on Call, on Mondays at 5pm ET (2pm PT, 10pm GMT) at www.hayhouseradio.com. Simply dial (866) 254-1579 if you live in the US, or for international callers dial, 1-760-918-4300 after your country code. Cheryl discusses a variety of topics related to practicing Extreme Self Care and living a high quality life.
- We have a variety of unique life-changing gifts in our webstore at www.myextremeselfcare.com. You can have books personally signed for you or a loved one with a note of encouragement or support, include a hand-written gift card with your order, or find a special item to support your own self-care. There are heart ornaments, books, audio programs, lotions, and our popular Mesmerizing Oggz Egg (you need to see it to understand :). Check them out here: www.myextremeselfcare.com.
Life Makeover For The Year 2008 (sm) is written and produced by Cheryl Richardson. If you have any questions or comments, please send them to: email@example.com. © Copyright 1999-2008 Cheryl Richardson, P.O. Box 13, Newburyport, MA 01950. All rights reserved.