Exciting News! I’m heading to Chicago on Monday to tape the Oprah Winfrey Show about the Law of Attraction and the new movie, “You Can Heal Your Life.” The show will air this week, on Wednesday, February 6th at 4pm ET (check local listings). It’s such a great topic and I hope you’ll tune in! (set those recorders now :).
We had a great call with Densie Linn last week and if you want to know how changing your environment can transform your life, you’ll want to listen to the new MP3 file on our site. You’ll find all the info here. For more info on her work, click here. Thanks Denise!
We have a limited number of the “You Can Heal Your Life” DVDs left in our webstore and, with the Oprah Show this week, I’m sure they’ll fly out of the store. If you’ve wanted to get a copy, you might want to order one now as they’re currently back ordered at the publishing house. We’ll keep you updated on the inventory on our site. You can watch a trailer and read all about the movie here.
Have a great week…
p.s. – Need a little Divine Direction? Use the “Touch of Grace” button on our homepage here: http://www.cherylrichardson.com.
“If you count all your assets, you always show a profit.”
Topic of the Week – The Attraction of Gratitude
This week, as I head off to Chicago to talk about the law of attraction, I thought I’d share an archived newsletter about a powerful method for drawing toward you more of what you want in life. It’s about being grateful. When you stay connected to what you feel grateful for every day, you ignite the law of attraction by programming your subconscious mind to stay focused on what you love. The question then becomes: How do you remember to do this every day?
Here are a few ways to build a daily gratitude practice into your life:
- Choose one activity you already do on a regular basis and align it with a gratitude ritual. For example, when brushing your teeth, make it a point to identify three things you feel grateful for. Or, once you finish going through the mail, take a few moments to think about the people in your life who make a difference — the ones who support you, love you through anything, or who simply make you smile.
- Keep several pages at the back of your journal as an ongoing gratitude list and just before you go to bed, list five or six things you feel grateful for. It’s not only a smart way to stay connected to the abundance that already exists in your life, it’s fun to review the list over time.
- Make up a new gratitude game with the kids. When driving the kids to school in the morning (or making breakfast), announce that it’s time to play the “Here’s What I’m Grateful For” game. Ask the kids to yell out the things they appreciate. If you’re willing to put up with a little eye-rolling, I’d suggest you try it with your teenagers, too. It’s so, so important to help kids develop this habit early in life.
- Before eating a meal, take a few moments to give thanks for the food. Then, during the meal, go around the table and have each person share one thing he or she feels grateful for. To take the conversation to an even deeper level, you might ask each person to name a challenge that turned out to be a blessing in disguise. This ritual is a wonderful way to create a more intimate and meaningful experience.
When I think about all I have to feel grateful for, I’m reminded of the things that can easily be taken for granted. For example, today I feel grateful for the sunshine after several cloudy days, the gentle deer that graze in my backyard, my darling little cat, Poupon, and the hot, soothing shower that started my day off on the right track. What about you? What are you grateful for today? Write it down…
~*~ Take Action Challenge ~*~
Let today be the start of a new gratitude ritual. Here’s an idea: Each week, when you receive this newsletter, let it serve as a reminder to stop and list ten things you feel grateful for as soon as you’re done reading. You might even keep a little notebook near your computer. There’s nothing like a grateful heart to get you started on a Monday morning!
In the News
- There are still some spaces left in our “Writer’s Workshop” Mexican Riviera cruise. If you are an earnest writer who’s committed to getting your message out into the world you’ll want to check out this important opportunity to learn the ins and outs of getting published. Along with a comprehensive program, you’ll be invited to attend a special event with Reid Tracy, president and publisher of Hay House, who will answer questions about what they look for in a successful author. For more info click here.
- Would you like a little laser coaching from Cheryl? Call in during her live Internet radio show, Coach on Call, on Mondays at 5pm ET (2pm PT, 10pm GMT) at www.hayhouseradio.com. Simply dial (866) 254-1579 if you live in the US, or for international callers dial, 1-760-918-4300 after your country code. Cheryl discusses a variety of topics related to practicing Extreme Self Care and living a high quality life.
- We have a variety of unique life-changing gifts in our webstore at www.myextremeselfcare.com. You can have books personally signed for you or a loved one with a note of encouragement or support, include a hand-written gift card with your order, or find a special item to support your own self-care. There are heart ornaments, books, audio programs, lotions, and our popular Mesmerizing Oggz Egg (you need to see it to understand :). Check them out here: www.myextremeselfcare.com.
- Listen to the free Practice Building Workshop telegathering on audio podium and learn to build your client base in a relaxed and authentic way. Whether you’re a coach, therapist, lawyer, massage therapist, or other service oriented business owner, you can learn about our program and the important steps for practice development by calling (405) 244-4000 – Box 104. For more info on our PBW audio program, click here.
Life Makeover For The Year 2008 (sm) is written and produced by Cheryl Richardson. If you have any questions or comments, please send them to: email@example.com. © Copyright 1999-2008
Cheryl Richardson, P.O. Box 13, Newburyport, MA 01950. All rights reserved.